Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Where Did the Time Go?


I don’t know how it happened. Another birthday is here and sometimes I just wonder where all the time went.  Facebook has made it worse.  All the birthday wishes on my wall are so very much appreciated…yet, my facebook friends span such a huge chunk of time, that it really makes me wonder where it all went.  It seems like only yesterday when so many of them were singing happy birthday to me as we sat at our desks with cupcakes in front of us and the teacher leading the song.  It also seems like yesterday when some of them helped me celebrate my 21st birthday…and my 30th….and my 40th at a huge party at my house, my very own house. 
Sometimes I miss those days, but most of all, I love where I am.  I’ve grown up, but my husband says I’m still only 3.  I love life.  I love the simple, cute things that make my smile, sometimes loudly.  I love where God put me….the family he placed me in, the husband he had me wait until I was in my 30s to find.  I love the people, pets and things He put in my life. 
Thank God, I still feel like I’m young, but I’ve crossed that “middle-aged” line.  It really is true…youth is wasted on the young.  They’ll never learn.  But I have.  Happy Birthday to me…and thanks to everyone who makes getting older=getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment